Houston Car Accident Lawyers > Injuries > Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney
Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney
TX Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice injuries range in severity from minor reversible injuries to devastating injuries that cannot be treated. Experienced medical malpractice attorneys in Houston have first-hand experience helping families that have gone through this and are able to empathize with your situation. These attorneys know how to apply the law in these situations and help victims recover the compensation they deserve.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Were You or a Loved One Injured by Medical Malpractice?
When a healthcare provider is negligent when providing treatment and that leads to the patient under their care getting injured, it is called medical malpractice. An experienced Houston medical malpractice attorney can gather evidence to help build a solid case. A skilled attorney’s main goal is to help you obtain a settlement that can pay for all your medical expenses in the present and those in the future. These are funds can also help cover any lost wages that resulted from medical malpractice.
Houston Car Accident Law Firms
Medical Malpractice Can Cause Death
Medical Mal Practice Lawyer In Texas
Physicians and other health professionals have a duty to provide you with the best possible treatment. But some medical professionals are careless when providing treatment and this results in many errors that lead to patients losing their lives. Studies show that medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death nationwide.
Scientists at John Hopkins University found that many fatal deaths caused by medical errors were often not listed correctly and this concealed just how common deaths caused by medical malpractice were. Medical professionals often fail to admit their mistakes because of the high cost of medical malpractice insurance and the risk of losing their professional licenses.
That means you need a skilled medical malpractice lawyer that can thoroughly review your case and fight for your rights.
Medical Malpractice And Negligent Care Examples
A Personal Injury Lawyer Specializing in Medical Malpractice Cases In Houston
Some of the most common medical malpractice examples include:
- Surgical Error: These can include not preventing infections after minor surgeries, performing surgery on the wrong patient, performing surgery on the wrong body part, using too much or too little anesthesia, leaving surgical instruments in the body, and more. You can sue a medical practitioner for injuries or wrongful death in these situations.
- Failure to diagnose: This happens when a doctor does not take the necessary steps to determine the nature of a patient’s medical condition. This can be fatal in a situation where there is a limited window for the patient to receive the treatment they need.
- Communication errors: Multiple physicians and nurses attend to every patient in rotation in most hospitals. They are likely to fail to communicate clearly with each other about the particular care a patient needs when their rotation ends and another group of physicians and nurses take over. This could lead to devastating consequences for patients.
- Failure to obtain consent: Physicians are expected to fully explain procedures to patients including the risks so that they can make an informed decision. This applies whether it’s a surgical procedure or the side effects of prescribed medication.
- Prescription error: A doctor must explain the possibility of side effects of the medication they prescribe to patients. They must prescribe the right medication in the required dosage.
Contact an experienced attorney that will answer additional questions.
Find Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney Near Me
Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney Office
Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney FAQ
What constitutes medical malpractice in TX?
According to Texas medical malpractice law, the injured party must prove that the negligence caused the injury that suffered. The patient's injury must actually have been caused by the doctor's negligence.
How long do you have to file a lawsuit in Texas for medical malpractice?
Texas generally has a two-year statute of limitations for claims of medical malpractice. This means that a medical malpractice suit must be filed no later than two years after the negligent act or it is barred by the statute of limitations.