Houston Car Accident Lawyers > Articles > Auto Accidents > Rideshare Lawyers
Uber Accidents In Texas
Rideshare drivers for Uber and Lyft regularly get involved in accidents leading to very complicated legal cases. Victims of these accidents normally don’t know their rights because accidents involving ridesharing vehicles fall under different rules and regulations. That is why you need to talk to a lawyer who understands the laws about ridesharing services.
Your rideshare lawyer can help you in every step of your rideshare accident case no matter how complex it is and also answer questions you might have regarding the accident.
Causes Of Ridesharing Accidents
Most car accidents including rideshare accidents happen because of the driver’s reckless and negligent actions. They happen for the following reasons:
- The driver was distracted by their phone and was not paying attention to the road
- The driver was speeding
- The driver was fatigued and fell asleep on the wheel
- The driver was drunk or under the influence of drugs while driving
Without staying alert and responsible on the road, Uber and Lyft drivers can cause serious accidents that may harm their passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians. If you are injured in an accident caused by an Uber or Lyft driver, you need to stand up and fight for your rights.
Why Are Uber And Lyft Accident Cases Complicated?
Uber Accident Injury Attorney
These accidents are complex because there are different types of rideshare crashes. These include:
- Crashes that happen when the rideshare app is on
- Crashes when the app is off
- Accidents with passengers involved
- Accidents without a passenger
- Crashes where the rideshare driver collides with your vehicle
- Crashes where you are the passenger in the rideshare vehicle
- Crashes where you are the pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a rideshare driver
These are different types of rideshare accidents with different rules that apply to them. So, the outcome of your case will be determined by the type of rideshare accident you were involved in.
Why You Need Compensation
Attorney Lyft Accident In TX
It doesn’t matter what type of rideshare accident you were involved in, at the end of the day your rights were violated and you need justice. The expenses related to the accident also continue piling up to thousands or millions of dollars because of car repair costs, medical care costs, and lost wages. You also need compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Future medical costs for follow-up surgeries, physical therapy, specialist treatments, and so on
- Future lost wages if you were left with a permanent disability after the accident
- Pain and suffering
How Much Money Can You Get?
Uber Accident Attorney Texas
The amount you may get depends on the insurance policy of Uber or Lyft. Uber’s insurance company can provide compensation for a person injured in an accident caused by an Uber driver. There is a minimum amount a claimant can get from Uber for an injury. There is also a minimum limit per accident and for property that you should inquire with an attorney for exact amounts.
But if the Uber driver caused the accident when operating the vehicle for personal use, Uber will not provide any compensation.
Lyft’s insurance policy is about the same as that of Uber. But getting compensation from these companies’ insurance companies is not going to be easy. So, get the help of an experienced car accident attorney to fight for your rights and interests and best inform you and better negotiate a settlement or agreement for you.