Cypress TX Car Accident Lawyer
Cypress TX Car Accident Lawyer
Cypress is a vibrant and rapidly expanding area in southeast Texas. As a result of all the economic activity in the area, the roads have become busier and more dangerous. For example, there have been numerous accidents on the Northeast Freeway, Highway249 and other roads recently. People injured in car wrecks need a Cypress car accident lawyer that will leave no stone unturned, and help them get maximum recovery for their injuries.
Car Accident Statistics Cypress TX
There were 107,012 non-fatal accidents in Harris County in 2018 alone, according to records from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). As the population in Houston continues growing, these accidents will increase. Other important stats that highlight the extent of the problem include:
- 640 people die and 2,850 get injured every year on Houston-area roads according to the Houston Chronicle
- In 2018 more than 3,600 people died on Texas roadways according to the Texas Department of Transportation
- Speeding is the leading contributing factor to fatal crashes in 2018. It was cited in 1,153 crashes according to Chron.com
- The number of alcohol and drug related crashes in 2018 were 916
- Faulty evasive action was the leading cause of traffic fatalities in 2018, according to the Texas Department of Transportation
Houston suburbs have a reputation for heavy traffic, which only increases the odds of car crashes. Being a careful driver may not be enough to protect you in such situations.
Why You Need A Car Accident Lawyer
Physical injuries you sustain in a car accident can place heavy financial and emotional burdens on your shoulder. This can lead to a lot of stress and even depression at a time when you need to focus on getting better. An experienced car accident lawyer will work hard to help you get compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering and more
Your lawyer will also negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf. Insurance companies have a reputation of offering low payouts to accident victims irrespective of the severity of their injuries.
How To Choose A Cypress Car Accident Lawyer
You will need a competent lawyer to help you gather all the evidence you need to build a solid case. The following are some qualities you should look for in a car accident lawyer:
- The lawyer must have experience handling personal injury cases similar to yours. A lawyer fresh out of college may still not grasp the nuances of car accident cases.
- The lawyer must have professional credentials such as academic qualifications, awards and so on
- A competent lawyer must have a proven track record of winning cases for clients.
How To Avoid Accidents
Eliminating the risk of accidents completely is impossible. No matter how careful you are on the road, anything can happen. However you can reduce the risk of accidents by maintaining constant attention and vigilance when operating a vehicle. You should also avoid sparking road rage in another driver because that can easily result in an accident. The most important thing is that you should follow traffic rules to protect yourself and your loved ones.